Care and Safety Guidelines
Always follow warning label instructions and best practices while burning any candle. (visit https://candles.org/fire-safety-candles/ for more tips).
Never lift a candle by its lid and never move a candle while lit. Before burning your candles, be sure to always trim the wick(s) to ¼”* and place on a heat safe surface, away from kids/pets and drafts or vents. Your first burn should ensure that an even pool of wax is created, which will take between 2-4 hours, and will create a memory for the wax. Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours per burn, or you will cut back on the total burn time and lead to a vessel that could become too hot. Not trimming your (larger) wicks can also cause carbon buildup on the wick and make the candles to burn a lot hotter becoming unsafe and wasting your candle. We’ve tested various wicks per container, and have chosen the proper wicks for each one and have sized up or down accordingly. When your wax has burned down and there’s only ¼” left in the bottom, you should extinguish your candle. Always allow your candle to cool down before touching or moving!
*Smaller, multiple wick candles may not need to be trimmed between burns. If you notice your wick has some mushrooming (carbon buildup) at the end or that the wick is curling pretty hard and might curl back into the melt pool trim it off! Larger, single wick candles WILL need trimmed every single time. If you notice your flame reaching a height OVER 1”, extinguish your candle, allow the candle to cool down before touching it and then trim your wick shorter before relighting.
Each candle will have a cold throw (scent as is when smelling an unlit candle), a hot throw (when lit), and a scent profile of top to bottom notes. We’ve included in depth descriptions on each scent’s page, and hope that your palette will enjoy the full tour.
WICKED CANDLE LABEL:
WARNING: Burn within sight. Keep away from flammable objects. Keep away from children and pets. BURNING INSTRUCTIONS: Trim wick to 1/4" before lighting. Keep candle free of any foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings. Only burn the candle on a level, fire resistant surface. Do not burn candle for more than 4 hours at a time. Stop use when only 1/4" of wax remains.
WAX MELT LABEL:
WARNING: To prevent Fire or Injury: Remove packaging before use. Use only in tea-light warmers or UL listed electric warmers approved for wax melts. Read and follow all instructions provided with your warmer before use. Do NOT leave melter unattended while in use. Keep out of reach of children and pets. BURNING INSTRUCTIONS: Do NOT add water. Do NOT melt on stove top or in non-approved appliances. Use only in well ventilated areas away from flammable materials. Discontinue use if dish contains less than 1/2" of wax.